"we're fools whether we knit or not, so we may's well knit"

- old southern saying


Saturday, September 15, 2007

socka m a n i a socks complete

xs&oscomplete
n o u g h t s n c r o s s e s

Nice to have these socks off the needles. The merino I used is quite heavy, and I used pretty small needles...so my wrist really started to feel SORE as hell. The fair isle pattern is somewhat obscured with the use of the fun fur. The "fur" has been trimmed both inside and out.

The original pattern used another repeat of the pattern, but I didn't have that much of the handpainted merino. I finished with about 2 yards to spare. Also, the pattern featured a contrast cuff, heel and toe, but I really didn't want fur flying all over. These are very cozy socks that will be great this winter with my "too big" Birky clogs.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great socks AND sweaters. I have just about finished my Tofutises. It's been hard work.

I love colour work and I hope you show your sweaters when complete.