"we're fools whether we knit or not, so we may's well knit"

- old southern saying


Saturday, September 15, 2007

s w e a t e r s i p

naturally dyed sweater
s w e a t e r o n e

This u f o was begun...oh...you don't want to know how long ago. I have some of the same wool! After all these . . . years. I spun and dyed this wool more or less as I knit. I made a coat for my Mom over a two week period in 1990. (Told ya.) It was my Christmas vacation. I lived alone. I spun and dyed and knit and lost 10 pounds in the process. Anyway, after the coat, I still had yarn. And I was on a roll.

I saved this sample, because i could always imagine the finished product. And me in it.

eggs
s w e a t e r t w o

This u f o is like the coat. I don't have all the colors left, nor do I have the myriad fibers and yarns that went into this. Maybe somehow I can use this. A pillow cover perhaps? A wall hanging? I don't know.

The next project on the agenda is the sweater for Tom. Lots of brown wool to spin. I'm just getting my fill of color before I dive into Amber's fleece.

No comments: