"we're fools whether we knit or not, so we may's well knit"

- old southern saying


Saturday, August 11, 2007

Handspun Shetland Gansey Sock

iloveganseystart
I love gansey

This is the current sock pattern for the Six Sox KAL - I Love Gansey. I'm using my handspun singles - Shetland wool (roving) I won in last year's Tour de Fleece.

I love the softnesss and the economy of this yarn. The little ball shown was only 20g, and I'm into the heel! With quite a bit of yarn to spare! I can tell that these are going to be comfort socks. Mmmm.

Pattern: I Love Gansey - Six Sox K A L Aug/Sept 2007
Yarn: Dove's Roost Handspun Shetland Singles - natural silver grey
Needles: susan bates silvalume dpns size 1 (2.25mm)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, your sock is STUNNING, and they look so soft and cuddly!

Guernseygal said...

I love that silvery colour - it really works with the pattern :-)