"we're fools whether we knit or not, so we may's well knit"

- old southern saying


Monday, July 30, 2007

Bamboo Embossed Leaves

I had concerns about this yarn. After knitting the Tiger Monkeys in that strettttccchhy bouunnnnncy yarn, knitting with the Regia Bamboo was - well, different. Its "dead" feeling worried me that a lace pattern would be slack, dumpy, saggy...you know the happy words. So, I asked Socknitters, and sure enough, Suna in Texas had used this yarn for a lacy sock. And she loves 'em. Even though "someone" threw them in the washer with some bleedful jeans and saddened them. So, I put on my confident hat, and pushed on through the cuff and started the pattern. I love it! Lovely lovely lovely. The yarn is really nice to work with. Slides through the fingers. It's very very soft. And the resulting fabric (at this stage of the game) is very silky with bounce.

falling leaves start
embossed leaves

Pattern: "Embossed Leaves" by Mona Schmidt (Interweave Knits Winter 2005)
Yarn: Regia "Bamboo" in Jamaica from Patternworks
Needles: susanbates silvalume size 1 (2.25mm)

4 comments:

Barb Matijevich said...

I knitted a pair with this yarn and just love, loved, loved it. It's so pretty. And it was never splitty, not once. I'm sure the pattern is much harder than what I did, which was a simple bamboo stitch but I love those socks. See photo here: http://sothethingisblog.blogspot.com/2007/05/small-socks.html

Yours are gorgeous. --Barb

broadcasting from a knitting parlour said...

barb - those are such warm yummy socks...and you posted them on your blog on my birthday!

Suna Kendall said...

Yes, you can even see the little sparkle in the yarn! Glad you kept going.

triconette said...

This is such a good idea... I have exactly the same yarn and somewhere I have this pattern too...It looks great.