"we're fools whether we knit or not, so we may's well knit"

- old southern saying


Friday, April 18, 2008

cotton baggin'

2007 green.jpga

2007 green

2007 pima.jpga

2007 pima

2007 brown 2007 peruvian brown.jpga

2007 brown & 2007 peruvian brown

Ah...there are days when I just love my mailwoman. Lookit what she brought me today! Cotton. Thank you Phreadde, for the fabulous envelope! What timing!

We had three nights of frost this week, the 14th, 15th, and 16th. I lost most of my Nankeen cotton. There are oh, a half dozen or so little plants that may make it; but, for the most part, we got wiped out. Just last week, like some psychic angel, Phreadde from Albuquerque asked if I was still interested in trying some of her cotton. I never expected fresh seed - in 4 colors! WHOO HOO!

So...yep...here we go again. At this moment, it is 82 degrees F. I have resumed my planting schedule. Now, I need to find 4 separate zones for 4 little stands of this colored cotton. Yessss!

No comments: